Thread: Purchesed SpyBot, it failed, just reinstalled Win8

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Purchesed SpyBot, it failed, just reinstalled Win8

I've been using SpyBot for about 6 months time without problems. Within the last week I began getting popup ads at frequently used websites and notices about viruses and excessive popup adds. I used SpyBot to scan the computer a few times but still had the same problem. I found I could not use the recovery image I had created because I need something that will open the file. I tried using the Win8 disk and saving the files I had, but this failed and it put the earlier Win8 OS back in. The last Win8 install was a straight format and install which worked fine and was possibly safer. I have backups of pics and documents still to be put in. SpyBot is reasonably priced but it failed and the internet surely needs more protection, I receive e mail with copies of my banks website asking personal info not issued by my bank, The Microsoft logo is copied by many people so it's also a problem of who you can trust for help.
    Thanks for your efforts
    Carl
    Last edited by tashi; 2014-08-19 at 16:10. Reason: Moved from Requests for additions to Spybot's detections