Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2.4 too intrusive

Default 2.4 too intrusive

when i ran fix on 2.4 it removed all history of my frequently used files in word & excel & all items on work menu in word.

i'm also not interested in reentering all my passwords all the time

is there a way to get it to stop doing this? don't mess with cookies? if not i wont be using it.
    Last edited by dblake; 2014-08-25 at 01:55.

Default Seconded...

I'm also looking for a less-sweeping option for cookie management. Can't seem to find it in any of the settings tabs.

Quote Originally Posted by dblake View Post
    when i ran fix on 2.4 it removed all history of my frequently used files in word & excel & all items on work menu in word.

i'm also not interested in reentering all my passwords all the time

is there a way to get it to stop doing this? don't mess with cookies? if not i wont be using it.
    You could get Spybot to stop removing usage tracks altogether,and that will stop it from removing your most recently used files in Excel and Word.
    Open the Spybot start center,checkmark advanced mode,click Settings(saying yes to the uac prompt,if applicable.),open the categories tab,and somewhere in the Spybot window,rightclick and select Spyware Scan only.

Quote Originally Posted by Saburo
    I'm also looking for a less-sweeping option for cookie management. Can't seem to find it in any of the settings tabs.
    You could do the same,or if you would prefer only cookies were excluded from the scan,then Open the Spybot start center,checkmark advanced mode,click Settings(saying yes to the uac prompt,if applicable.),click on the Ignore Lists tab,select Products,click the Add....button,start typing in Cookie(s),then select Cookie with your mouse,and then click OK,and then Apply and OK.

Zenobia: thanks for the tip!

You're welcome.

when I select Spyware Scan only, is a checkmark supposed to appear next to it as usually happens? It doesn't.

No,looks like there isn't a checkmark anymore.You can check that it worked by scrolling down and making sure Usage Tracks is unchecked,then click Apply and OK.

ok, it is, thanks

You're welcome.

i just discovered that my default rip music dir for wmp11 was changed back to the usual my documents location from the usb drive where i had it & suspect spybot.

would this be the case & would changing usage tracks take care of it or is it some other setting?

i haven't run spybot since the 1st mishap.