Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Failed to update?

Yes done.. It worked.. Thanks guys..!!!

Hi Zenobia
    Yes, the two services have "lokales System" under "Anmelden"
    The error message when starting Google update:picture below:
    The problem with the other software (GData): there occured a fault, I was told by the support to reinstall the software, I did it first on D where it previously was, but it just did not work, only after I installed it on C.

What did droninggo do that it worked ?
    Hans
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Draemer; 2014-11-04 at 11:36. Reason: added 2nd prob, question

Sorry,droninggo,I meant to reply to you and I forgot.
    Glad it's fixed,though.

Okay,it looks like Google Update service is supposed to stop.Thanks for the screenshot.

Could you click Start,open My Computer,click Tools,then select Folder Options.Go to the View tab,scroll to the bottom of the Advanced settings list.If there's a checkmark beside Use simple file sharing (Recommended),uncheck it,then click Apply and OK.You can recheck it later on.
    Rightclick your D:\ partition and select Properties.If there is a Security tab available,click that,then under Group or User Names click System.Does System have Full Control checkmarked,as well as checkmarks for everything else except Special Permissions?There are no checkmarks selected under Deny?
    After that,click on Administrators (Yournamehere-PC/Administrators).Does that have Full Control checkmarked,as well as checkmarks for everything else except Special Permissions?There are no checkmarks selected under Deny?

I did not find anything like "Deny" I'm not shure if I have been on the right side...
    Otherwise everything was checked as you wrote.
    Hans

Ok,thanks.

Today is Wednesday,that's the day Spybot releases antispyware updates,so you ought to install the manual detection updates once again like you did before.Please continue to do so every Wednesday:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/dl/

You could try uninstalling Spybot and reinstalling it in your C:\ drive.There's no guarantee it will work,but it's worth a try.

I haven't been able to find a solution on why you're getting an access denied message when trying to start some services.At this point I feel it would be better for you to try to get help from somebody who has more experience than I do with this sort of thing.
    Windows XP help is sometimes a bit hard to find,since Microsoft support ended:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...soft-Countdown
    I had a look around,and I found a forum that has a Windows XP forum section.The forum is Bleeping Computer,and this is the XP section:
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/foru...-professional/
    I had a look through and it is active,and there is somebody answering questions there.If you would like to,you could go on and post how when you try to start some services,you get an error 5 access denied message.

Hi Zenobia
    I installed the software on C, without beeing able to to update, so I installed V2.2 on D agin. But I got some info, which I got earlier this year, to say not all was downloaded:

see added text-file, it is a small part.
    I think I'll surrender.
    Thanks again
    Hans
    Attached Files Attached Files

I wish it would have worked.

Sorry I couldn't find anything further.If I ever do see a solution that fits in the future,I'll post it here.

Default Any news on fixing the Update?

I have not been able to update since downloading the new version, as the tool says, in 100 days.
    The Updates.log still sayd Aug 14 even though I did the Manual update as mentioned on a previous post on this thread.

If there is no fix, I shall uninstall and go back to good ol' 1.6.2

Is there anyone who the Update works? from reading this thread it seems not.

ps, I have this on my corporate machine so I can go round removign AV etc.
    cheers for any assistance

When you apply manual updates,they don't show in the Updates.logfile,only updates through the program show there.

ps, I have this on my corporate machine so I can go round removign AV etc.
    cheers for any assistance
    There is a Corporate and sbNet Editions support form available here:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/support/
    If you have the Free,Personal or Professional Edition,it's my understanding that they're for home (non-business) users only.However,I'm a home (non-business) user myself,so I could be mistaken.So,if you have Free,Personal or Professional Edition,please contact team spybot,they are needed to answer that.There is a contact page here:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/contact/
    I'm not certain which category you'd select to ask about that,you'll have to pick one that looks appropriate.