Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spybot freezes

Hi.Thanks for the screenshot.
    Sorry to hear none of it worked.
    You are getting 'Not Responding' before you click 'Fix Selected'?And it stays on 'Not Responding' indefinitely?

Default reply

HI, it does the full scan ok, then when complete it will switch to either another scan screen with the green bar well into the scan and remaining time 300 odd minutes which is of course silly because its saying 5 plus hours left to scan or the results screen but in either case its frozen and will not go further on either
    I check the task manager after it switches to either screen to see if it says not responding
    Everything seems to work ok up to the point the scan completes
    As far as clicking on "fix selected" i can't because its frozen and if i do the page sort of goes lighter if you know what i mean (meaning its frozen) hope i answered what you need to know
    Last edited by alrose; 2014-09-15 at 22:19.

hope i answered what you need to know
    Yes,you did.

The safe mode scan mostly rules out interference from any other programs or too much running in the background.You tried deleting temp files and all the other steps,and it doesn't look like any of those were the problem.So since you've checked out just about everything outside of Spybot which might cause it to freeze and nothing helped,perhaps that means there's a problem within Spybot itself causing the freezing,maybe a problem with the Includes,or something like that.I can't really help you with that,so you should probably contact support again,they probably have some tricks up their sleeves for something like this:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/support/
    You also could give them a summary of what you've tried so far,so they can have more of an opportunity to cut to the chase,as it were.

Default Has spybot corrected freezing yet

After everything was exhausted trying to correct spybot freezing i uninstalled it until a fix was done,does anyone know if they have fixed the freezing yet?

I don't know.But I looked through the forums,and it's been about a month since anybody has posted with freezing problems.You could try installing Spybot again if you wish,and see if the problem has gone away.

Oops,I spoke too soon.This person doesn't have the freezing problem,but their Spybot keeps running also,so I thought I'd tell you about it.
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...-Keeps-Running