Thread: IE hijacked proxy

Default IE hijacked proxy

I am using Windows 7 and IE. I believe my browser network connection has been hijacked.
    When I look at my network connection settings it is set on use proxy and the porxy
    is set to 127.0.0.1:8800. I have tried to reset it to automatically detect the network settings
    but it always resets to use proxy at the above address. As such IE can never connect to
    the internet. Any suggestions on how to fix this.

Thank you

Emeritus-Security Expert

Do you have any other browsers installed that will let you access the internet ?

First do this

Download MiniToolBox and save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark following checkboxes:
    • Flush DNS
    • Reset IE Proxy Settings

Click Go and post the result (Result.txt) that pops up. A copy of result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run

=======================================================

Then run these scanners and lets see whats going on

Please download aswMBR to your desktop.

• Double click the aswMBR icon to run it.
    • Click the Scan button to start scan.
    • If you are asked to update the Avast Virus database please allow it to do so.
    • When it finishes, press the save log button, save the logfile to your desktop and post its contents in your next reply.

I just want to see the report....Please Do Not Fix Anything

============================================================================

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

How to determine whether a computer is running a 32-bit version or 64-bit version of the Windows operating system
    A simple way to check your system: Start --> Computer (right click) --> Properties

• Right click to run as administrator (XP users click run after receipt of Windows Security Warning - Open File). When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
    • Please make sure All Users is checked
    • Do not check
      *List BCD
      *Drivers MD5
      *Shortcut txt
    • Press Scan button.
    • It will produce a log called FRST.txt in the same directory the tool is run from.
    • Please copy and paste log back here.
    • The first time the tool is run it generates another log (Addition.txt - also located in the same directory as FRST.exe/FRST64.exe). Please also paste that along with the FRST.txt into your reply.
    Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013-2014

ERROR MESSAGE 386
    No KeyBoard Detected
    Press F1 To Continue

Just a reminder that threads will be closed if no reply in 3 days.

Emeritus-Security Expert

Due to inactivity, this thread will now be closed.

If it has been three days or more since your last post, and the helper assisting you posted a response to that post to which you did not reply, your topic will not be reopened. At that point, if you still require help, please start a new topic and include a new FRST log with a link to your previous thread. Please do not add any logs that might have been requested in the closed topic, you would be starting fresh.

It takes time to analyze logs and prepare a response. Volunteers help users at several sites, and take X number of new topics in order to give each member their attention.
    Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013-2014

ERROR MESSAGE 386
    No KeyBoard Detected
    Press F1 To Continue

Just a reminder that threads will be closed if no reply in 3 days.