Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
You're welcome.

After seeing your post,I removed the contents of my Downloads folder,including the updates.uid folder,and attempted an update,and 6 updates were downloaded,along with an updates.uid file.I then put the former contents of my downloads folder back into the downloads folder in an effort to mess Spybot up,but it just announced it was up to date when I checked for updates.So there must be something within Spybot that makes sure it downloads the proper .uid file which I don't know about,which makes sense now that I think about it.

Okay,since I'm unsure how to fix this,I'll send you to the Spybot support form page and you can ask them about it:
http://www.safer-networking.org/support/
Make sure you let them know it says "Unable to store downloaded update information to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2\Updates\Downloads\updates.uid"!" in your logfile.

If you find out what is causing the "Unable to store downloaded update information to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2\Updates\Downloads\updates.uid"!" error from support,and have time afterwards,maybe you could come back to this thread and let me know what the solution was,I'm really curious to find out.

"I just got a reply back from support. Their answer was to download the updates manually from the web site. Is this a problem only I am having? Their answer seems to indicate that this is a wide spread issue but it certainly does not appear to be."