You're welcome.You aren't being a pest at all.

I believe 100 is the default minimum,still.So,Spybot would wait until there are 100 files in the temp folder,and then it would delete all the temp files that aren't in use.
Typing %temp% into start-search should open the temp folder located at C:\Users\<Your User Name>\AppData\Local\Temp in Vista.
I had 147 temp files to be cleared,so I let Spybot clear them,and 3 files were in use.It didn't remove any in C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Local\Temp.When I looked in C:\Windows\Temp,there were 2 files/folders there.So,I'm not exactly sure if that is the right location,but I also checked Secure Shredder's template for temp files,and that location was C:\Windows\Temp,so assuming that Spybot uses the same temp folder location in the offering to clean files before a scan as it does it's Secure Shredder template,I think that might be the correct location.But,I'm on 64-bit,and I couldn't find any info on whether or not I might have two temporary file locations anywhere,plus there were two files left in C:\Windows\Temp,so I'm not 100% certain that is the correct location.If it is correct,then perhaps you don't accumulate as many temporary files in that location,and that's why you haven't gotten the offer to clear temp files in so long,though it has been a long time,and I thought that would be offered by now.I looked through Spybot Settings,and I couldn't find anything to do with temp file cleaning.

I'm puzzled as to why the temp file cleaning hasn't been offered yet.As an alternative,you could delete temp files using disk cleanup:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/w...=windows-vista