Thread: SDupdate bug

Angry SDupdate bug

I turned off Spybot updates and disabled the Spybot services [SDScannerServce, SDUpdateServce, SDWSCService] (Windows 7 Home Premium), and SDupdate.exe still runs every 5 mins. This sometimes causes my system to lag when that call is made.

The command being run every 5 minutes is: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2\SDUpdate.exe" /autoupdate /silent /autoclose /background

This still runs, even though:
    - Spybot - Search & Destroy 2.4 Start Centre shows "Update service stopped."
    - Statistics (Spybot - Search & Destroy 2.4.40.0) shows "Last Update 03/09/2014"
    - SDScannerServce, SDUpdateServce & SDWSCService are disabled

This is very annoying. How do I stop this from happening? Is uninstalling Spybot the only way to prevent this from happening every 5 minutes?

You should be able to edit that behaviour in task scheduler.I'm pretty sure I edited mine at some point to lose the every five minutes before,and I'm not exactly sure where I did that.From the looks of it,Triggers,maybe.

Click your Start orb,type in task scheduler,you might as well rightclick it and select Run As Admin,then open Task Scheduler library,then Safer-Networking,doubleclick Check For Updates,click the Triggers tab,under Trigger it possibly says At Log On,click that,then Edit.If Repeat task every five minutes is checkmarked,you could uncheck and click OK.Or,if you have Spybot + Antivirus,that usually has multiple updates per day,so you could choose a different time to repeat the task,say every 5 hours or an hour or something,then click OK,it's up to you.
    That should do it,I think,but if not,then the Settings tab can be looked at.

Thanks. Task manager did the trick. I'm just surprised that none of the settings in Spybot worked.

Well,there is a tab in Spybot settings in Home and Pro which opens Task Scheduler to configure the schedule,but since I wasn't sure if you had one of those,or the free version,I just gave you instructions to open task scheduler directly.
    You're welcome.