Thread: computer won't scan system

Question computer won't scan system

I just downloaded Spybot today so I can't figure why it's not able to scan my system.

Every time I try to scan my system a box comes up saying "missing signatures." When I click on the box that says "update" it updates and then says, "you signatures have been updated today..." "status check complete." So I go back to try to scan my system and the same thing happens.
    The Only Way Out Is Through

When you hit the button that says Update beside missing signatures,it opens sdupdate.exe,and the green bar that goes across,then disappears, should be the status check,it isn't the actual update.
    Where it says you updated today,you should have been able to run a scan,but perhaps there were some additional updates needed that weren't downloaded for some reason,so after the status check is done,try clicking the Update button beside status check complete.Down below that,it will show Checking for Antispyware Updates,and if it's successful it will show Complete when it's done.(If you have Spybot + AV,Checking for Antivirus Updates will appear below the Checking for Antispyware Updates,as well.)Try that,and please let me know how it goes.

Thumbs up The scan worked!

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    When you hit the button that says Update beside missing signatures,it opens sdupdate.exe,and the green bar that goes across,then disappears, should be the status check,it isn't the actual update.
    Where it says you updated today,you should have been able to run a scan,but perhaps there were some additional updates needed that weren't downloaded for some reason,so after the status check is done,try clicking the Update button beside status check complete.Down below that,it will show Checking for Antispyware Updates,and if it's successful it will show Complete when it's done.(If you have Spybot + AV,Checking for Antivirus Updates will appear below the Checking for Antispyware Updates,as well.)Try that,and please let me know how it goes.
    Thanks Zenobia for getting back to me. :-) When I opened the computer this morning the scan went through. So that must have been it, additional updates had to be downloaded. After the scan things are working good. Spybot really took care of whatever it was messing up my computer.
    The Only Way Out Is Through

You're welcome.I'm glad the scan worked.