Thread: Review from new user

Exclamation Review from new user

Hallo!

I am really impressed by this software. There are in contrast to many other Malware/AV softwares - an openness that I have been searching for.
    But it can also make some trouble, of course.
    Any how, migrating from Antimalwarebytes, that constantly got hijacked by virus, turned off important security , blocked access to settings etc <pew<
    I am now glad to be a user of this software. And I will be a donor, if I just get heard when I find some strange things...
    I have also some ideas for further development, that I can present a little later in this post.

Just some errors I found first.

1. Spybot proxy. Does not work as I can see. But my browsers start to go on prxy on some port "2xxxx" and I have to turn that off.

2. Right click on a number of USB drive based folders (9 folders containing 1629 folders, 43374 files all in all 54 gbytes) and select folder scan.... The windows that turns up is a mess of background windows, mixed with foreground partial spaces of correct window and just "whiteness"... The open window says "does not respond" (translated from swedish).
    But in Sysinternals Processexplorer, Spybot works like a dog.... "Single file on demand scanner"....42% of CPU power (3.2GHz Intel quadcore) with 87mbyte approx private bytes. But I cannot see how what it is up to, as window looks like this: "(svarar inte)" = no respons....

Okay... I do not have permission to upload an image. later with that then.

3. Update function. I can hit update several times, even if all windows (4) are green border to the left. Until it says everything is updated.
    I just updated it, and it found 4 and 22 updates, third time it was cool.

4. I will update this list later... soon as I discover more. Now over to future development.

I miss some Windows tools, that would be very handy when cleaning computer from attacks...

1. A link to a updated list of default register security settings, i.e. To make all default register settings having the correct users, admins, SYSTEM allow/refuse settings as well as Owner settings.

2. A similar updated link to Service settings for default start/stop/delaystart/auto/manual/inactivated/ and account password settings.

3. A user database over all small program "scrappers" taht run on the computer. Where we can share experience with all forms of "WDDMStatus.exe", "NvBacken.exe" etc etc.. What they do, what they not do, if they can be disabled in startup etcetera.
    I was just follling around with all startup entries and suddenly my audio system just died. Noone could explain it. Everythings seemed to work, but the drivers didnt get in contact with the hardware.... And Windows did not find anything wrong - as usual.
    Luckily I do have a Norton Ghost 15, creating backups, so I can roll back.

If I did not have that NG15 I would be smoked many times.. My system has not been reblown for about 3-4 years. It just ticks... But recently I have had huge problems with viruses/malware. TuneUp (AVG crap) is thrown out. Malwarebytes is thrown out. Windows defender does not work. Essential AV I do have as backup scanner, not scheduled, mostly on data drives.

4. A good beckup department, better than NG15!

I will hope for the best!

Michael Dickison
    Pro user.

Oh...heres that picture... I got permission! Thanx!

Skärmklipp2.JPG
    Last edited by Larus; 2014-11-29 at 12:08.

Just some errors I found. (cont. from 1st post)

1. Spybot proxy. Does not work as I can see. But my browsers start to go on prxy on some port "2xxxx" and I have to turn that off.

2. Right click on a number of USB drive based folders (9 folders containing 1629 folders, 43374 files all in all 54 gbytes) and select folder scan.... The windows that turns up is a mess of background windows, mixed with foreground partial spaces of correct window and just "whiteness"... The open window says "does not respond" (translated from swedish).
    But in Sysinternals Processexplorer, Spybot works like a dog.... "Single file on demand scanner"....42% of CPU power (3.2GHz Intel quadcore) with 87mbyte approx private bytes. But I cannot see how what it is up to, as window looks like this: "(svarar inte)" = no respons....

Okay... I do not have permission to upload an image. later with that then.

3. Update function. I can hit update several times, even if all windows (4) are green border to the left. Until it says everything is updated.
    I just updated it, and it found 4 and 22 updates, third time it was cool.

4. I will update this list later... soon as I discover more. Now over to future development.

5. [NEW] Checked the Windows7 Security Log, and fond several errors on "SDHook32.dll" residing in program main directory. All like this:

- System
    - Provider
    [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Security-Auditing
    [ Guid] {54849625-5478-4994-A5BA-3E3B0328C30D}
    EventID 6281
    Version 0
    Level 0
    Task 12290
    Opcode 0
    Keywords 0x8010000000000000
    - TimeCreated
    [ SystemTime] 2014-11-29T09:29:20.406749700Z
    EventRecordID 185476
    Correlation
    - Execution
    [ ProcessID] 4
    [ ThreadID] 64
    Channel Security
    Computer Lars-Dator
    Security
    - EventData
    param1 \Device\HarddiskVolume1\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2\SDHook32.dll