Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Immunization Issues With Firefox 33.1 & XP Pro

Question Immunization Issues With Firefox 33.1 & XP Pro

I'm having immunization issues with Firefox 33.1 (with AdBlockPlus & EasyList) & XP Pro.

Using my regular XP user account (full admin priv) I couldn't immunize neither my "user" Firefox NOR my the "Administrator" entries.

Then I tried Safe Mode and got the immunizations for my personal user account done but still not the "Administrator" entries.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Regards

David

Which version of Spybot do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    Which version of Spybot do you have?
    At the top of the Welcome Center GUI it states 2.1 (Free Edition)

It's up to Spybot 2.4 now,if you wish to update.
    http://www.safer-networking.org/dl/

My Firefox usually immunizes very slowly,especially somewhere in between when Images and Installations are being immunized,to the point where it appears to be stuck.To see if you might be having the same thing happening,try opening Spybot Start Center,click Immunization,after the immunization check is done,click Show Details,somewhere within the Immunization window,rightclick and select Deselect All.Next,under your Administrator entries in Firefox,checkmark (Cookies) only,then click Apply Immunization.Let me know if just the cookies immunized or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    It's up to Spybot 2.4 now,if you wish to update.
    http://www.safer-networking.org/dl/

My Firefox usually immunizes very slowly,especially somewhere in between when Images and Installations are being immunized,to the point where it appears to be stuck.To see if you might be having the same thing happening,try opening Spybot Start Center,click Immunization,after the immunization check is done,click Show Details,somewhere within the Immunization window,rightclick and select Deselect All.Next,under your Administrator entries in Firefox,checkmark (Cookies) only,then click Apply Immunization.Let me know if just the cookies immunized or not.
    Wow....that's different. I thought that when new versions were released that they came along as part of Updates

Now a stupid question. Do I need to uninstall and remove 2.1 before I install 2.4?

By the way...thank you for your responses

When I try any of the Administrator items individually they just don't work. Here's a screen shot

sbscr.JPG

You're welcome.

When you install Spybot 2.4,it should offer to remove the older version first while you're installing.

Looking at this,it seems like maybe permissions.sqlite is related to Spybot immunization(disregarding the firefox 2 and 3 stuff in your case,because it shouldn't be applicable to you in the present time.)
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...e-immunization
    I opened permissions.sqlite,and it mostly looks like gibberish,but there are some things in there that seem related to Spybot immunization.

In Firefox,click Menu in the upper right corner(it should be the furthest over to the right,and shows as 3 lines),then click the question mark at the bottom,then Troubleshooting Information.Beside Profile Folder,click Show Folder.Is there a permissions.sqlite file in there?And also a content-prefs.sqlite file?

I have both. Here's a screenshot. By the way...I now have Firefox version 34.0.5

ffsq.jpg

Yup,there they are.I'm not too sure why it won't immunize,to be truthful.Opera acts the same way when you try to immunize cookies(or it did a short time ago),but I haven't noticed too many people having similar problems with Firefox lately.

Using my regular XP user account (full admin priv) I couldn't immunize neither my "user" Firefox NOR my the "Administrator" entries.
    Is the administrator profile on Firefox on a separate administrator XP account,different than the XP account with admin privileges that you were logged into to immunize?

I apoligize for not replying sooner. Between catching a physical bug of some kind and other life issues I've been distracted

I have NOT upgraded to 2.4 yet. Kinda nervous at this point if you know what I mean.

Here's what I've done today and experienced today.

For some reason...SDFSSvc.exe is running at startup. This is not checked in "msconfig" in either my personal acct nor my generic admin acct.

1. In my regular "user" account I again checked on immunization. The previous screenshot that that I provided of the Firefox entries for my personal acct was now showing once again that those entries were NOT immunized.

2. I then again tried each individual "line item" for the Firefox entries. NONE would immunize.

3. I then rebooted into Safe Mode with no internet connection. Once I opened up SB and tried immunization, I could Immunize each of the "line items" for my personal acct not for the Admin acct.

4. I then rebooted back into my "regular user acct" (with supposedly full Admin priv) but no internet connection. I then opened up SpyBot and checked on immunization.

I just tried to upload 2 screenshots but now I'm getting a small popup error msg that says I don't have permissions to do that
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rivermandave2; 2014-12-16 at 00:35.