Thread: Why is Spybot scanning very very slowly???

Question Why is Spybot scanning very very slowly???

The other day, both Spybot (newest version) and Norton 2006 began to give me problems at about the same time. Norton refused to open and I received a fatal errror. Norton seems to be working again, but Spybot runs extremely slow. It gets hung up in the same places everytime while scanning. The first hangup always occurs at #643 Central24. Usually the scan takes no time at all. Last night it had been scanning for 6 hours before I went to bed, so I just left it on. It had finished this morning, but with nothing new found. Is there a virus that has attacked these two programs and caused them to malfunction?

We service around 7 computers a day with Norton AV and NIS and can say that nothing surprises me anymore from Symantec. We call it "Go Slow". Norton now provides a small program specifically designed to remove all their rubbish from the computer. You can be sure the problem is norton and not Spybot.

Well, fwiw, i don't use Norton and SpyBot S&D still runs with the speed of a hurried snail, and spends a lot of time on Central24 and on other places. It still does that even after updates. What can i do? Do i need to reinstall it?