Thread: System Scan crash at 2.1%

Default System Scan crash at 2.1%

I have a windows 7 alienware laptop and recently, I've found that the Spybot search and destroy 2.4 System Scan stops working at 2.1%.

The entry that appears to be causing this is Fraud.AVSecuritySuite. I have tried running spybot in safe mode; i have tried an uninstall and a reinstall in safe mode; I have tried using rkill and malawarebytes; I have tried disabling AVG and running spybot in safe mode; but nothing seems to allow spybot to get past 2.1% and despite my best efforts, nothing seems to be finding this AV Security thing for me to remove it.

I'm kinda at my wits end as to how to proceed.

PS - it is just the system scan that's failing to work. It updates ok and immunisation appears to be working properly.
    Last edited by brigadeschick; 2014-12-15 at 16:58. Reason: added information

...and despite my best efforts, nothing seems to be finding this AV Security thing for me to remove it.
    The scan not being able to get past Fraud.AVSecuritySuite doesn't necessarily mean that Fraud.AVSecuritySuite is on your computer.It could just be some problem with the Spybot scan.

Try ignoring Fraud.AVSecuritySuite during the spybot scan,and see if it can get past that point.To do that,open Spybot start center,checkmark Advanced User Mode,click Settings(saying yes to UAC,if prompted),select the Ignore Lists tab,then the Products tab below that,click the Add button,then type(or copy/paste in) Fraud.AVSecuritySuite,when it's found in the list,click on it,then click Apply,and OK,then try a scan.Please let me know how it goes.

Hi,

Did as you suggested and the scan then got to 3.5% before crashing, this time on Fraud.WindowsProtectionSuite.

Same message 'Malware Scanner has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.'

Okay,you can take Fraud.AVSecuritySuite off the ignore list now.

You've tried a lot of things to get the scan to work,including safe mode,so there's not too much more I can try to help you with here,so I'm going to refer you to the support page,so that Team Spybot can help you.I do remember them getting people to run scans in verbose mode,etc. in the past,when there were similar problems,so maybe that is still an option.
    http://www.safer-networking.org/support/
    Just fill out the appropriate form there.

OK, will do.

Thanks for trying.

You're welcome.Good luck,hope the scan is able to get running to the end.