Thread: Why is the scanner.log file out of control large?

Default Why is the scanner.log file out of control large?

I noticed less free space by gigabytes on my boot drive, and took a look why - I noticed a file over 2GB, the scanner.log file for spybot.

Taking a look at it, it's filled with messages from November 2, 'SDFileScanLibrary.DLL' saying a timnstamp with 'Loaded Database'. Googling I found I'm not the only one with this file out of control.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig234 View Post
    I noticed less free space by gigabytes on my boot drive, and took a look why - I noticed a file over 2GB, the scanner.log file for spybot.

Taking a look at it, it's filled with messages from November 2, 'SDFileScanLibrary.DLL' saying a timnstamp with 'Loaded Database'. Googling I found I'm not the only one with this file out of control.
    I'm going to bump this thread because after looking at the date, why in the world is this not answered yet? I searched the forums and found a couple of posts on it but none have a fix? I was just cleaning things out and I came up with a 12 gig scanner log, deleted it and it grows 1kb every second with that "Loaded Database" log. Any information on this?

EDIT: I did find a temp solution of setting it to read only. But not a true fix since sometimes logs are important...