Thread: Runtime error after updating to Spybot 2.4

Default Runtime error after updating to Spybot 2.4

Hello All,
    I did a search of the forum for a fix to this situation but could find no solution/fix....
    I should state that I have made periodic donations in response to the fact that Spybot has been a "member of the family" since its creation and wouldn't do without it! Spybot in addition to the Anti-virus and Malware apps I've used for years have warned me of anything which even "faintly smells funny" and thereby has kept me corruption free ."
    After having upgraded my desktop to version 2.4 without a hitch, I downloaded 2.4 to my newly-gifted-from a-friend laptop and installed version 2.4 on it.
    I clicked on the Start Center and received the error message "runtime error 217 at 500E8338". The rest of the features I commonly use in Spybot caused no errors to pop-up. Thinking something may have caused a "hiccup" in this install I uninstalled the program and thoroughly searched the Registry, etc. for leftovers.
    After re-installing I am still getting that error message and, again, only when I try to open the Start Center.
    Many Thanks in advance......
    Last edited by mhein; 2014-12-28 at 01:13.
    God Bless...Mark C. Hein Cleveland Hts, OH USA

I don't know a solution for that one.
    You could fill out a support form here.
    http://www.safer-networking.org/support/

Hello again,
    Many thanks Zenobia for your reply.
    Having had version 2.4 "turn on me" on my desktop today and having saved version 2.3 install on my desktop's "backup drive", I've uninstalled 2.4 on both my laptop and desktop and reinstalled 2.3 today.
    Not being a programmer I'm at a loss as to what could be the problem but I am most definitely a Spybot fan! While I am extremely happy to have (and a longtime user of) both AVG and Malwarebytes, I will always be a fan, user and recommender(?)<VBG> of Spybot!
    God Bless...Mark C. Hein Cleveland Hts, OH USA

Good,I'm glad going back to 2.3 worked.