Thread: Unable to scan.

Default Unable to scan.

I get this screen when I try to scan my system:
    snderror.png

I update and nothing happens.
    I restart and same issue.

I am on a win 8.1 system.

I just checked for updates a couple of times to see if I had problems that might match yours,and the antivirus part of Spybot closed twice.Maybe there's a bit of a hiccup currently with updates,then again,that could also be a coincidence,and I did appear to get the updates eventually.
    I won't remove my av updates right now,since I did that before,and I think I remember how it all went down.As I recall,when the missing signatures error is shown when attempting a scan,when you click the Update button in your screenshot,it opens the Spybot updater,I have that right?
    Then you click the Update button there again,and if you scroll down,a progress window for antivirus updates is shown.If you could try another update for me,then could you let me know what you're seeing there?Is the progress bar not moving forwards,or anything like that?

Default contiued

The window was not completely open It turned out to have other error messages
    snderror2.png
    Unable to find them???

I found a library folder associated with bit defender on one of their support pages,though I couldn't find the folder within Spybot anywhere,unless I missed it.
    http://www.bitdefender.com/support/c...thod-1084.html
    There are some library files within Spybot,though I'm uncertain if it's related to updates.
    Perhaps one of the needed files went missing in your Spybot folder,for some reason,though I'm not totally sure on that,so I'll direct you to the support page.
    http://www.safer-networking.org/support/
    Just tell them that you're seeing the errors "Spybot 2 antivirus update library wasn't found",and "a missing library prevented the update" when trying to update,when you fill out the form.