My friend thats an IT installed spybot FREE VERSION 3 days ago and said to watch tutorials to learn about it..That helped, but I'm such a novice with computers that I have some questions
1.Last 2 mornings, when I woke computer, I had "permissions" boxes from spybot asking to make changes to my hard drive..I think the 1st day's was to get my permission to do "immunization" with Firefox...not sure what 2nd day's request was. When I allowed it, scan system box popped up..
2.When I did system scan it found 8 low threat items..should I always select fix or will this possibly quarantine stuff that I need for the puter to work properly? I think they were mostly tracking cookies but not sure. Should I purge this stuff?
3.one of my scans showed "error": Service check file: "services.sbs file is missing..use the update to get new copy"(is the referred to update in spybot's start center update or where?
4. Does it slow surfing down to disable 3rd party cookies? Spybot said Internet Explorer had cookies blocked and recommended doing same for Firefox..Will doing this wipe out my saved user ID and passwords on sites and slow surfing in general?
5. How often do you recommend scanning system for someone who rarely if ever down loads something??..I originally downloaded Malwarebytes and Spybot because my computer seemed like it had slowed...I got the Spybot from a freeware site and also got Vosteran and Generictrojanhorse.832 or something as hidden bugs...Malwarebytes finally got rid of Vosteran and AVG the trojan horse..and my IT guy said I'm clean now and installed a clean version of Spybot..THANKS