Thread: Anyone Else Got This When Trying To Install NoVirusThanks Anti-Rootkit Program

Default Anyone Else Got This When Trying To Install NoVirusThanks Anti-Rootkit Program

When trying to install, NoVirusThanks Anti-Rootkit Program, I received a message from SpyBot, that declared ARK was infected with this: Trojan.Generic.7871484 . :(

I went and tried do an internet search for this trojan, and couldn't turn up much on it. So, I've not installed this program yet. I'm not sure if this is a False Positive, or an actual trojan, as I've never received any kind of warning from my security software before about NoVirusThanks' programs,, and I've installed quite a few of them. :(

I'd greatly appreciate any help with this.

Thanks a million!!

Hello BC2BSafe,

Sorry for the delay during the holidays, I will flag a detective to take a look at the issue as a possible false positive.

Meanwhile, you appear to have posted here: http://malwaretips.com/threads/appar...rootkit.40138/

A person named "Argus" has requested the removal of Spybot as an "unwanted program"

Spybot is not an unwanted program or a rogue so the advice is unwarranted. Feel free to link him to this thread.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post
    Hello BC2BSafe,

Sorry for the delay during the holidays, I will flag a detective to take a look at the issue as a possible false positive.

Meanwhile, you appear to have posted here: http://malwaretips.com/threads/appar...rootkit.40138/

A person named "Argus" has requested the removal of Spybot as an "unwanted program"

Spybot is not an unwanted program or a rogue so the advice is unwarranted. Feel free to link him to this thread.

Best regards.
    Thank you!!

I do realize that SpyBot is not an unwanted program. Argus is just trying to help me find out if malware is actually on my system. They have a couple of tools that they use in their diagnosis, and I believe that they did not want anything possibly conflicting with those tools.

I will not stop using SpyBot, as it is an awesome program. I just will not have it installed while they are attempting to help me, and I am trying my best to follow their instructions, while in this process.

Default Nothing found (2015-01-06)

Hello,

tested the latest "NoVirusThanks Anti-Rootkit" installer with our antispyware and antivirus engines. Nothing found with our 2015-01-06 signatures. Please update your scanners and retry.

filename=NVTArk_Free_Setup.exe
    md5=5E39C98714510324980AEE2A0E1E2AD5
    sha1=2CFD02B4FE7F8B3FBECDFFDC83A7479E03C96CE2

Regards,
    roberto.
    Please help us improving Spybot and download our distributed testing client.

Quote Originally Posted by roberto View Post
    Hello,

tested the latest "NoVirusThanks Anti-Rootkit" installer with our antispyware and antivirus engines. Nothing found with our 2015-01-06 signatures. Please update your scanners and retry.

filename=NVTArk_Free_Setup.exe
    md5=5E39C98714510324980AEE2A0E1E2AD5
    sha1=2CFD02B4FE7F8B3FBECDFFDC83A7479E03C96CE2

Regards,
    roberto.
    Thank you!!