Thread: Task XML error message

Default Task XML error message

Try to set up scanning task, get error message "Task Rac Task: Task XML contains value incorrectly formatted or out of range". What does this mean, how do I correct it? Thanks

ractask seems to be related to windows reliability monitor.I'm not finding information where "Task XML contains value incorrectly formatted or out of range" is related to it.Is there a number shown when you get the error?That might help to find it.
    The number might be in this format,just as an example: 0x80041318

Also,which version of Spybot do you have,and what is your operating system?And if you tell me some details about when you're setting up the task,that may be helpful as well.

Thanks for the reply. I have Spybot Pro Edition Search and Destroy AV 2.4. Using Windows 8.1.
    I open Spybot, go to Settings, Schedule, MRU scan, edit. The error message appears; no numbers. The same message appears twice, first under Task Scheduler and second under Task License Validation. There are no entries under Task Status, leading me to believe no scans have been run.

You're welcome.
    By default,it looks like the mru scheduled scan waits until the computer is idle,and after it's triggered,it's repeated every hour indefinitely,so it's possible it just hasn't run yet.
    What the mru scan does is scan most recently used in the background.

It's possible that the mru scan was set up correctly,and the error is unrelated to it.Clicking the Edit button opens task scheduler,and you might be shown the error about Ractask by coincidence,since that scheduled task is unrelated to Spybot.
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/m.../gg452701.aspx

To help see if the MRU scheduled scan is set up ok,can you let me know what it says under MRU scan on the Schedule tab in Spybot?

Under MRU scan; Status - Ready; Schedule - on idle, every 0.1 hours; Next time - n/a; Last time - 1/8/15, 8:37:58 AM.
    The Updates, Scan, and Immunizations look OK; done on schedule and the next ones are scheduled.
    Clicked on Edit in MRU scan block, no tasks have been started in the last 30 days. This is where the error messages show up.
    Thanks

Last time was last Thursday then,but still,it looks like that task is okay.So,looks like this isn't related to the Spybot tasks.It is most likely coincidence when you click Edit,since that opens task scheduler.

So,from what I can find about it,from the looks of this:"Task RacTask: Task XML contains value incorrectly formatted or out of range" means that the RacTask file which likely is located at C:\Windows\System32\Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\RAC is not able to be read.Perhaps it was altered some way.

The error message appears; no numbers. The same message appears twice, first under Task Scheduler and second under Task License Validation
    If you mean that you are also seeing Task License Validation:Task XML contains value incorrectly formatted or out of range,also,then I'm seeing that most likely means that License Validation,likely located at C:\Windows\System32\Tasks\Microsoft\Windows\WS is not able to be read,and again,perhaps it was altered in some way.

I have not found a solution for fixing either error,so I am going to refer you to another forum where somebody may be able to help you with it better than I can.
    It's called whatthetech:
    http://forums.whatthetech.com/
    If you would like to,you can register there.
    And,I had a look around,and I think the proper place to ask about your task scheduler errors would be the Microsoft Windows section,which is located here:
    http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showforum=119

Good luck,I hope the task scheduler errors are fixed.
    Last edited by Zenobia; 2015-01-14 at 04:28.