Thread: eBlaster freezing scan?

Default eBlaster freezing scan?

I have Spybot 2.4, all updated and everything. When I run a scan it always freezes on eBlaster (a keylogger). It doesn't matter if I leave the computer there for hours, it will never move past. I've tried older Spybot versions as well as running in Safe Mode but it's always the same outcome. My question is whether Spybot is freezing on eBlaster because eBlaster is on my computer (maybe interfering with attempts to identify it?) or for some other reason, and it's just a coincidence that it's falling on eBlaster. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks.

No,the Spybot scan not proceeding past an item listed doesn't mean that the detection is on your computer,though I believe it is possible sometimes.It might be that there is a problem with one of the include files,or some other reason.
    What you can try is to put eblaster into the ignore list,and see if the scan will proceed past it or if it becomes stuck again.
    To do that,open Spybot start center,checkmark Advanced User Mode,click Settings(say yes to UAC,if applicable),then the Ignore Lists tab,then the Products tab below,then click the Add button,then start typing eblaster,click it when it appears,then Ok,then click Apply and Ok.Then try a system scan,and see if the scan will go past eblaster.Then please post back and let me know how it went.