Thread: Spybot ignores Crime Watch

Default Spybot ignores Crime Watch

Crime Watch has been around long enough that I am amazed that Spybot does not detect it or remove it. Crime Watch is probably distributed by Enigma Software, since that company is the only one that offers a fix, called "Spy Hunter 4." There are numerous reports of malignant business practices by this company: automatic "renewals, refusal to accept cancellation of these "renewals, bogus charges on credit cards, etc. I am fairly sure I got this malware by attempting to stream TV shows online. It would please me greatly if Spybot would live up to its promises and detect and remove this evil malware.
    Last edited by tashi; 2015-02-04 at 02:09. Reason: Moved from the malware forum

Hello Rocky Frisco,

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky Frisco View Post
    Crime Watch has been around long enough that I am amazed that Spybot does not detect it or remove it. Crime Watch is probably distributed by Enigma Software, since that company is the only one that offers a fix, called "Spy Hunter 4."
    Crime Watch.
    Copyright © Mathematical Applications 2014 (by Injekts Media, dba Mathematical Applications)

It appears to be flagged by some applications as Adware or a PUP, Potentially Unwanted Program.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky Frisco View Post
    I am fairly sure I got this malware by attempting to stream TV shows online.
    From which source?

Often such software comes bundled with other programs that were downloaded.
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...l=1#post286306

I will bring your request for detection to the attention of our detectives. Would you like to start a new topic in our malware removal forum, if so I will provide a link to the FAQ.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016