Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Can't fix the Somoto.BetterInstaller with Spybot!

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    15

    Unhappy Can't fix the Somoto.BetterInstaller with Spybot!

    Okay so I did a scan with spybot because my informatic teacher told us to try that at home. So I had a lot of problem to fix so they all got fixed except Somoto.BetterInstaller. It says "some problem couldn't be fixed; the reason could be that associated files are still in use (memory). This could be fixed after a restart. (...)" but after the restart it said the same so... I don't know what to do anymore... The 2 things under somoto.betterinstaller are (SBI $B8A7F4F7) root class HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE_\SOFTWARE\Classes\sdp and the second one is the same except that at the end it's \sdp (64 bit)

    Thanks alot!
    Last edited by tashi; 2015-02-07 at 02:35. Reason: Moved from malware forum

  2. #2
    Member of Team Spybot tashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    30,528

    Default

    Hello Jess37,

    Quote Originally Posted by Jess37 View Post
    It says "some problem couldn't be fixed; the reason could be that associated files are still in use (memory).
    1) Have you tried running Spybot in safe mode when the operating system loads the bare minimum of software that is required for the operating system to work?

    2) Elevate permissions to run Spybot - Search & Destroy? How can I get administrator rights under Windows Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8?

    What is the operating system please.

    Also, which version of Spybot do you have installed: http://www.safer-networking.org/shop/

    Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post
    Hello Jess37,



    1) Have you tried running Spybot in safe mode when the operating system loads the bare minimum of software that is required for the operating system to work?

    2) Elevate permissions to run Spybot - Search & Destroy? How can I get administrator rights under Windows Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8?

    What is the operating system please.

    Also, which version of Spybot do you have installed: http://www.safer-networking.org/shop/

    Best regards.
    Oh god... I don't know what safe mode is... Well maybe but not sure

    And I think I did something to make myself being the admin so it says I can't because I should do it as an admin but it does it anyway after i click "ok"

    The operating system is Window 7 64 bit

    The version is 1.6.2

    And i don't know if it's related to the virus or something but i have weird shortcut on my desktop that appeared there when i just opened it (they look pale and have almost the same name as some of my file for my homework except there's an ~ instead if the first letter and then there's 2 file named desktop.ini pale too and 3 file named ~Wrl0373.tmp ~wrl2642.tmp ~wrl3180.tmp) they look suspicious :( :( :(

    Thanks alot

  4. #4
    Member of Team Spybot tashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    30,528

    Default

    Hi Jess37,

    It might be best for someone to take a look at the system, please see the Malware Removal Forum sticky which includes guidelines and instructions in post #2 on how to provide the logs from Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and aswMBR, which are the logs used in the preliminary analysis.

    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288

    Then start a new topic in that forum providing the logs so a volunteer analyst can advise, also provide a link back to this thread please.

    Don't worry, you will receive guidance.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post
    Hi Jess37,

    It might be best for someone to take a look at the system, please see the Malware Removal Forum sticky which includes guidelines and instructions in post #2 on how to provide the logs from Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and aswMBR, which are the logs used in the preliminary analysis.

    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288

    Then start a new topic in that forum providing the logs so a volunteer analyst can advise, also provide a link back to this thread please.

    Don't worry, you will receive guidance.
    Thank you!!! Doing it right now

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •