Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can't fix the Somoto.BetterInstaller with Spybot!

Malware Team-Emeritus

Hi Jess37,

Firefox still doesn't want to install it...Untitled.jpg and do you know how to hide that bar at the bottom??? It's kinda going on my nerves (but anyway I don't use firefox that much)
    If you don't use FF that much then you can just skip it, or try and install it at a later date.

The bar at the bottom is part of No Script (one of the suggested items). You can try and click the "options" button in the bottom right hand corner and see if there is a setting that you are comfortable with. Or just disable No Script.

I don't really understand what it does but I understand that it protects my computer against bad websites. But I don't find where to download it (I clicked on the name and it sent me to a non friendly user interface XD too much text, can't find anything... can you help me for that? I'm not that good haha!)
    You have done great so far, this shouldn't prove too difficult.

Here is a step by step overview of what you will be doing, and the windows you will encounter. >> http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hostswin7.htm - keep this tab open during the process

Download the MVPS Hosts file http://winhelp2002.mvps.org/hosts.zip, and Save it to a convenient location.

Simply locate the "hosts.zip" file you downloaded, by default it should be located in your "User" Download folder.
    Highlight the file (single-click) then right-click and select > Extract All from the menu ...

Next: Make sure there is a check in the "Show extracted files when complete" option

Next: right-click the installer "mvps.bat" and select: Run as Administrator (see images from link provided)

OK the UAC prompt and the batch file will run ... which will backup the existing HOSTS file (HOSTS.MVP) then copy the updated HOSTS file to the proper location. You should see a completed prompt (press any key) and that's it ...

Voila ... you just added a Hosts File.
    OCD
    ----------
    Graduate of WTT Classroom
    Member of UNITE

Threads will be closed if no response after 5 days

Okay so I just press any key and voila? haha that's simple XD

WOT with firefox still doesn't work.. oh well too bad!

So I think that's it that's all now, thank you very much I'm happy that my laptop is infection free

I might do a clean with Spybot on my parents pc next weekend cuz they always have problem with viruses :/ At least I know I can have help if I find weird things haha

Later!

Malware Team-Emeritus

You're very welcome. Glad I was able to help.

And now you know where to find us.

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed.

If you still require help, please start a new topic and include fresh FRST and aswMBR logs, along with a link to your previous thread.

Please do not add any logs that might have been requested previously, you would be starting fresh.

Applies only to the original poster, anyone else with similar problems please start your own topic.
    OCD
    ----------
    Graduate of WTT Classroom
    Member of UNITE

Threads will be closed if no response after 5 days