Thread: SPyBot 2.4

Default SPyBot 2.4

When trying to open S&D I get a window that tells me that I do not have the proper permissions. I'm the only user/administrator, have all rights. Can not open S&D nor can I uninstall it to try a new install!?!?!?!?!?

It might be helpful if you posted a screenshot.
    http://www.wikihow.com/Take-a-Screen...rosoft-Windows
    Using the snipping tool is easiest.

If the image is too large to upload here,you could use something like Imgur,then post the link:
    http://imgur.com/

Default I got it uninstalled, but now it won't install!!

I get an...
    Unable to execute file in the temporary directory. Setup aborted.
    Error 5: Access is denied.

Just noticed that it tells me there is already an installation of S&D 2 and it just adds the license files. Is there something wrong with me old brain? What did I do wrong this time? Getting old sucks!!!!
    Last edited by jagape; 2015-02-23 at 22:45.

It could well be it was nothing you've done.I'll try to help you find out what's happening.

It will help if I know a couple things first.Answering me will help me to find things quicker.
    What is your operating system?
    When you uninstalled Spybot,did you uninstall it from Programs and Features (or Add/Remove Programs,as the case may be.)
    How has your computer been acting prior and during the permissions window appearing when you try to open Spybot?
    And I'm asking this due to a very slight lead on the error which I haven't really looked at/into yet,but if you have an antivirus besides Spybot,what is it?

Default Reply to Zenobia

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    It could well be it was nothing you've done.I'll try to help you find out what's happening.

It will help if I know a couple things first.Answering me will help me to find things quicker.
    What is your operating system?
    When you uninstalled Spybot,did you uninstall it from Programs and Features (or Add/Remove Programs,as the case may be.)
    How has your computer been acting prior and during the permissions window appearing when you try to open Spybot?
    And I'm asking this due to a very slight lead on the error which I haven't really looked at/into yet,but if you have an antivirus besides Spybot,what is it?
    Zenobia,
    Running Win 8.1 pro. No, wouldn't let me access the uninstall; so I used JV16 Power Tools to kill it...registry, files etc.
    Puter been running fine, as usual with all the crap I've got running on it.
    Running SpyHunter 4 and Defender.

Jagape

Thumbs up Thank You Zenobia

I shut down everything that SpyHunter and Defender were doing. It worked. I'm sure it was SpyHunter that was the culprit.
    It was your last sentence that sent me that way.

Good,glad it's fixed.