Thread: Spybot and WinPrivacy

Default Spybot and WinPrivacy

TEAM SpyBotSearch and Destroy,

Regretfully I must remove SBS&D after about 25 years of service because it is interfering with my latest Security Software called WinPrivacy by Ruiware. Have had much difficulty in getting WinPrivacy to run as it is designed to function. I keep getting told that my AntiVirus software is what is causing my issue, WRONG, had disabled my antivirus and still had the issues. So disabled SBS&D and those issues have gone away. When removing SBS&D there was a point where I was given a chance to inform you as to why it was being removed. The message was never sent and not sure why so this will be somewhat of an explanation. If you have questions do not hesitate to ask them. Will provide any answers that am able to explain for you.

I do like and wish was able to support you, but; due to my retirement and the administration that is destroying this Great Country of ours and not protecting our citizens as is their responsibility just have not had the funds to participate. I do like the Immunization feature of SBS&D, will miss that much . .

If you ever find out what was causing this issue and get a fix for it would like to know so I can be with you again.

Good-Bye and much LUCK to you in the future,
    LoneLurker"LoneWanderer""Adults are obsolete children. Dr. Seuss
    Win7 Pro SP1 x64;FireFox V. current: SBS&D V. current; WinPatrol, WinPrivacy, WinAntiRansom

Hi, LoneLurker.

First, the release candidate of WinPrivacy just came out the door so it is not a finished product. Have you contacted Support AT Winprivacy.com with the issues you ran into? Bret has been very responsive. (I also don't see where you followed Bret's request for beta-testers to sign up for the private forum to get help and share experiences.)

WinPrivacy is a "privacy" tool. In other words, the primary purpose is to block canvas fingerprinting. It can also automatically remove unwanted Flash Cookies. I strongly suggest you follow through Bret regarding the issues you encountered.
    Windows Insider MVP * * * Microsoft MVP, 2006-20016

Take a walk through the "Security Garden" -- Where Everything is Coming up Roses!

Hello LoneLurker,

Quote Originally Posted by LoneLurker View Post
    TEAM SpyBotSearch and Destroy,

Regretfully I must remove SBS&D after about 25 years of service because it is interfering with my latest Security Software called WinPrivacy by Ruiware. Have had much difficulty in getting WinPrivacy to run as it is designed to function.,
    Not sure why you would remove a program you've trusted for years over a beta program you've had issues with?

All the best, tashi.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016