Thread: webcenter.com sbplayers.net tv-players.net

Default webcenter.com sbplayers.net tv-players.net

This pops up a tab on Chrome with fake adds for firewall protection, dating or flash download. There is a popup fake warning that is hard to "X click" out of. A number to call is given as (866) 957-4285.
    I just purchased the home version of Spybot and have live protection, AS+AV and internet protected on. Is there something else i should turn on or run to get rid of this?

As a side note, my mother-in-law had this same problem, but she actually called and gave them her credit card number! They charged her $100+ and had her create a remote admin opening for them.

Hello rudsaki,

Quote Originally Posted by rudsaki View Post
    This pops up a tab on Chrome with fake adds for firewall protection, dating or flash download. There is a popup fake warning that is hard to "X click" out of. A number to call is given as (866) 957-4285.
    I just purchased the home version of Spybot and have live protection, AS+AV and internet protected on. Is there something else i should turn on or run to get rid of this?
    As a side note, my mother-in-law had this same problem, but she actually called and gave them her credit card number! They charged her $100+ and had her create a remote admin opening for them.
    Sorry to hear that, I hope she managed to call her credit card company and refute the charge. She should also change all passwords on her computer. If there is banking information on the machine it would be best to go to the brick and mortar branch to change any security information.

Someone should take a look at her computer as she allowed these people Admin access, perhaps you could help her with that?

If so you can start a topic in the Malware Removal Forum and a volunteer analyst will advise.

First see that forum's FAQ which also includes instructions in post #2 on how to provide the logs from Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and aswMBR, which are the logs used in the preliminary analysis. It may look intimidating at first but our volunteers provide clarity and enjoy helping members.

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288

Is this infection on both of your machines? Do you use any other browser?
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Default Farbar choices

There is not a box to check "all users".
    There is a box "90 Days Files". Should that be kept unchecked?

Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post
    Hello rudsaki,

Sorry to hear that, I hope she managed to call her credit card company and refute the charge. She should also change all passwords on her computer. If there is banking information on the machine it would be best to go to the brick and mortar branch to change any security information.

Someone should take a look at her computer as she allowed these people Admin access, perhaps you could help her with that?
    Her infection was late last year and i was able to help her at the time getting rid of the virus (I believe) and removing the remote control. She did call her credit card company too.

Hello rudsaki,

There is not a box to check "all users".
    There is a box "90 Days Files". Should that be kept unchecked?
    If you can produce a scan to copy paste into the new topic please make note of any issues for the person who will help.

Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post
    Is this infection on both of your machines? Do you use any other browser?
    Having had the issue on two separate computers, do you know how the rogue was picked up?

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

infection just on mine now. I switched from Chrome to Mozilla and have not seen the tabs pop up yet.
    Don't know how I got it.