Thread: Conflict with Bitdefender?

Default Conflict with Bitdefender?

Please / Thanks: PC / Windows 7 - Already have Bitdefender loaded onto my system, which I understood was the all-encompassingly-wonderful protection program .... but when, just for the sake of exploration, I ran a spyware program today to see what it showed, it came up with 150+ FRIGHTENING (!!) things that needed removal. What's the deal? I thought Bitdefender took care of all that sort of stuff ???? So, now I've just loaded SpyBot and am running it.

Q: Do the two programs somehow confuse/cancel each other? Attempting to download "antispyware updates" via SpyBot, and it keeps showing "Unable to download archive...." etc., etc. What's the problem? Is Bitdefender inserting itself and prohibiting those downloads?

Any informative help is much appreciated. Thanks.

Try opening Spybot start center,checkmark advanced mode,click Settings,(say yes to the prompt from UAC,if applicable),click the Internet Protection tab,and if Use Spybot Proy is checked,uncheck it,click Apply and OK,then try checking for updates again.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    Try opening Spybot start center,checkmark advanced mode,click Settings,(say yes to the prompt from UAC,if applicable),click the Internet Protection tab,and if Use Spybot Proy is checked,uncheck it,click Apply and OK,then try checking for updates again.
    Thanks. Will try that.

Q: Under "Use own proxy to download updates" - it shows "Import proxy settings from Internet Explorer" .... since I don't use IE, should this option be otherwise?

Appreciate.

No,because the proxy settings used in Internet Explorer are usually used by other browsers,too.