Thread: Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer

Default Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer

I'm sure this has been asked before, but couldnt find it here.
    I get the above message from Windows User Control every time SpyBot runs, but its about the only program that does this.
    It makes me suspicious that SpyBot is corrupted, because if it is scanning my computer, why does it need to have write permission anyway?

No,that's normal,mine does the same thing.
    When you run System Scan,Spybot might need administrator rights in order to fix some things found in the scan,so you get a prompt from User Account Control when you click on System Scan before the scan starts.That saves people from being prompted that some things couldn't be fixed because administrator rights were needed after pressing fix selected,then having to run the scan all over again as administrator if they forget or don't know that they should rightclick system scan and select run as administrator.Other programs do different kind of things on your computer that might not require administrator privileges,which might be why you aren't prompted by UAC for other programs as much.

You'll also get a prompt from UAC when opening some other modules within Spybot,like Settings for instance.I usually just rightclick on Start Center and select Run As Administrator if I'm going to be clicking on a few things in there,cuts down on the prompts.
    Last edited by Zenobia; 2015-04-02 at 02:28.