Thread: CloudScout

Default CloudScout

Any plans to classify CloudScout as malware?
    Last edited by tashi; 2015-04-23 at 08:24. Reason: Moved from the waiting room

Default CloudScout is malware

It has infected both Chrome and explorer. It does NOT show up on the program list. Spybot does not find it. I have had three extended examinations of my computer by Mcafee. They state that they have many requests for removal, but only can offer a full reinstall of the operating system. That is bad, because I have many very specialized programs that would have to be reinstalled.

CloudScout spawns messages on chrome tabs and spawns additional tabs. My default fix is to use simple blocker and add all the websites that cloudscout shares, but those websites include reputable companies, like Honda.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome and cloudscout respawns. It is hidden in a file system which is not specifically part of chrome.

Anybody got better suggestions than Mcafee?

Hello,

If you'd like someone to take a look at the system please start a topic in the Malware Removal Forum and a volunteer analyst will advise.

First see that forum's FAQ which also includes instructions in post #2 on how to provide the logs from Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and aswMBR, which are the logs used in the preliminary analysis.

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016