Thread: Spybot home edition won't complete

Default Spybot home edition won't complete

Hi,

I have the Home Edition but for some reason today it keeps freezing on 'fix selected'. I've tried 3 times now and also tried rebooting pc but nothing will work. I have noticed a virus in the list that needs fixing - could this be stopping the programme?

Thanks for any help

Well!! Within minutes of posting the 'fix selected' un-froze and worked!!

So no help required thanks.

Thank you for letting us know songbird.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Default Help required

Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post
    Thank you for letting us know songbird.
    Hi there, I am new to spybot... when i ask it to "scan my system", it takes about 2 hours, (length of time not a problem). but after i select the "FIX"... the whole program stops responding. WHY??? what am i doing wrong please???

Default Me too...Spybot "won't respond" after scan is complete

I seem to have the exact problem that Songbird did, but without the surprise self-correction. When I select "fix selected" the program goes into that weird funk with "program not responding" message popping up. This has happened several times over the last few weeks (the hour-long scan process is a little prohibitive for attempting to run the scan more frequently than that!). I reloaded Spybot, even bought the non-free version, but seem get the same result. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisarmer View Post
    I seem to have the exact problem that Songbird did, but without the surprise self-correction. When I select "fix selected" the program goes into that weird funk with "program not responding" message popping up. This has happened several times over the last few weeks (the hour-long scan process is a little prohibitive for attempting to run the scan more frequently than that!). I reloaded Spybot, even bought the non-free version, but seem get the same result. Any ideas?
    I guess a little patience pays off. After sitting in its "stuck" mode for an hour and a half, I just checked and realized that it had processed the fixes. So something got kicked loose.