Thread: 193 Opera cookies left after immunization

Question 193 Opera cookies left after immunization

Hi,

When running immunization on the latest Spybot, all other browser profiles and the Hosts files are listed as protected, but 193 cookies still remain unprotected under Opera. I have read the sticky on "various reasons for incomplete immunization" but none of the reasons seem to apply to me. I do not have any other antivirus or security suites installed other than Microsoft Security Essentials, which is not listed as a possible "culprit" under the thread.

Does Opera itself have problems with Spybot's immunization feature? If so, is there a way I can manually force the cookie immunization? Or will this be fixed in a later program update?

Using Spybot 2.4.40 Free Edition under Windows 7 Pro x64. Other browsers installed: Firefox 37.0.2, Pale Moon 25.4.1, Waterfox 37.0.1, IE 11, Netscape 6. Opera is version 29.0.1795.47.

EDIT: Just found a reasoning behind why Opera cookies won't immunize in this thread. Still perplexed as to why other aspects of Opera immunization work but cookies don't. Maybe it's because the new update is based on the code for Google Chrome, and Google loves to spy on people...?
    Last edited by spybotuser123; 2015-05-10 at 22:51. Reason: Resolved

I did a search of the forum before to try to find out why Opera cookies weren't being immunized,and the general gist of what I found is that the location in Opera where cookies would be blocked changes frequently.