Thread: Spybot S&D Version 2.3

Default Spybot S&D Version 2.3

I searched the forums before starting this thread and did not find any related subject. I hope it's in the right area, if not I apologize.
    I started using this about three moths ago for a trial and there is one thing that is extremely annoying and I went through all the settings and found nothing to discourage it.
    Before starting a scan the very top of the menu it mentions temporary file clean up. It gives you an icon to do so. Well I don't do it and it deletes all my recent file histories from Adobe Acrobat, and all Microsoft products. I use excel and word extensively and I don't use the normal root structure to keep my file in, so therefore I have to go out and find the 12 most used or more files. Is there a way to keep this happening?

WIN XP SP3

Thank you

I think what might actually be happening is that your recent file histories from Adobe Acrobat,etc.,are being removed because tracks are being scanned for and fixed.
    https://www.safer-networking.org/faq/usage-tracks/

To get Spybot to stop scanning for tracks,open Spybot-S&D Start Center,checkmark Advanced Mode,click Settings,then the categories tab,and somewhere in the Spybot window,rightclick and select Spyware scan only.