Hi,
New here, this is my first post so hope I am asking this in the correct place. I have 2 questions.

I am running S&D 2.4 on Windows 7 Home Premium and I cannot start the Spybot-S&D 2 Security Center Service.

#1. I get the error:

"Reason given by the system (14001): The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect.
Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail."

I think I've tracked this down to having the Windows Firewall turned off because I use the free version of ZoneAlarm and I use my pc to VPN into work so I can Remote Desktop Connection to my work pc when I work from home.

If I am correct about this, is there any way I can start the S&D2 Security Center Service while keeping my settings?
If I am incorrect, can someone please help me figure out how to start the service?

#2. Is the above problem I am having the reason my Spybot icon in the system tray shows: AS:off ?

Any assistance on both questions will be much appreciated. Also, if I am posting this in the wrong place, please let me know where I should post this?
Thanks!