Thread: try to install an other software

Default try to install an other software

Hi,

since a few days I try to install an other software to handle folder.
    It called ConjectPfadEpxlorer.
    Unbenannt.JPG
    At the installation progress it stops always at the same point.
    Could it be, that Spybot is the reason for?

Best
    Mario

What version and edition of Spybot do you have?Also,what is your Windows version and is your account an administrator account?

Hi Zenobia,
    I do have admin rights on a Windows 7 Pro and using the Spybot-Version 2.4.40.0 and Start Center 2.4.40.130.
    Best
    Mario

Ok,thanks.
    If you have Spybot 2.4 free edition,that edition doesn't have a real-time scanner,so Spybot shouldn't be preventing access to the registry key.
    If you do have a Spybot edition with Live Protection, I don't believe it would prevent access to sharedDlls unless it was perhaps a false positive, and then you would probably get a prompt about it.

Since ConjectPfadExplorer couldn't open SharedDll's in the registry, you may not have the right permissions in the registry to access that key.However, I see in the message in your screenshot that the beginning is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE32. I'm seeing online that you wouldn't find that in your registry, most likely, and it would redirect to elsewhere in the registry. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs, most likely.
    Since that's a bit complicated, you might want to contact support for ConjectPfadExplorer if they have that available and ask for some assistance.