Thread: Renewal Notice Removal

Question Renewal Notice Removal

When Spybot warned me that it was time to pay to renew my license, I did so and downloaded the new software. However, every time I boot up I still get a message box that I need to renew my license; a minor nuisance but still a nuisance. Does this mean that the new download didn't remove/replace the old one? Do I actually have full coverage as the program indicates, or have I been kicked down to the free version? How do I get that pop-up box to stop haranguing me?

Does this mean that the new download didn't remove/replace the old one? Do I actually have full coverage as the program indicates, or have I been kicked down to the free version?
    Open Start Center.Your Spybot edition should be listed up top.Click that,then click the Your License tab.That should give you your details on your current license.Please post back and let me know if it shows the newer license details.

As for how to stop the renewal notice pop-up,I'm not sure on that,so I might need to send you to Spybot support after this,depending upon your answer.

Default License information up-to-date

Thank you for responding. The license information indicates the correct date (04-07-15) due on (04-08-16). So the start center I have on my desktop is the updated and renewed version. I don't know if the old version is still running in the background and telling me to update. I am uncomfortable trying to uninstall files to get rid of the old version for fear of destroying the new version.

I don't know if the old version is still running in the background and telling me to update. I am uncomfortable trying to uninstall files to get rid of the old version for fear of destroying the new version.
    No,it's probably not the old version running still,so no need to worry about that.
    There's not a place to checkmark don't ask again on the renewal notice,is there?
    I would imagine it wouldn't hurt anything if you clicked the button that indicates you will use the free version,it should just get the notice to stop,I can't imagine that it would revert your license.Still,that's kind of risky,and I'd feel terrible if I were wrong,so I will send you to support to ask about getting the renewal notice to stop coming up:
    https://www.safer-networking.org/support/