Thread: Retrieve scan results

Default Retrieve scan results

Hi,
    My full scan results disappeared before I did a fix . How do I retrieve them?
    Frank C
    Frank C
    Spybot 2.5
    Windows 10

That's weird,wonder why it disappeared.
    The only way to see what they were is to look at a checks.logfile.You can open Spybot start center,click Report Creator,then click Show Logs over to the right.the dates are appended to the end of the checks.logfile,so you can get the right one.
    Last edited by Zenobia; 2015-06-01 at 23:06.

Default Retrieve sacn results

Thanks Zenobia,
    Yes, I too thought it was weird. There were a lot of other things going on. I started the scan at 11:30 Sunday night. The next AM I noticed a monthly backup was running along with the scan. It was a coincidence to have Sunday night and the first of June coincide. Also, there were a bunch of runtime errors. Of course it is possible that I accidentally closed Spybot. I thought there should be a way to get the scan results back so that I could "Fix Selected". I ended up re-runing the scan. I will try the Log report.
    Frank C
    Frank C
    Spybot 2.5
    Windows 10

I never thought of it,but you could have looked at sdcleaner.It's located in the Spybot folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2 or C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2 usually.Though everything in mine was cleaned already and the remove malware button was greyed out,I would imagine where yours were not fixed,the remove malware button would be selectable.You'd probably want to uncheck Run cleaner on System Startup,though.
    Last edited by Zenobia; 2015-06-02 at 21:02.

Default Retrieve scan results

Thanks Zenobia.
    That looks like an avenue that I could have taken to recover the scan results. I notice that the title is "Remove Detected Malware" and that there is an option checked at the bottom to run Cleaner on system start up.
    It seems like sdcleaner.exe should be in Start Center.
    Frank C
    Frank C
    Spybot 2.5
    Windows 10

You're welcome.
    It seems like sdcleaner.exe should be in Start Center.
    I think it's intended as more of a "behind the scenes,clean malware on reboot when the normal scan can't"kind of a deal,and as far as I can tell,it works with system scan,when needed.