Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windows 10 won't allow SBS&D to work?

Default Update to SS&D on Windows 10 build 10240

Version 1.6.2.46 installed without incident on the new Windows 10 build. As I write this, it's running an initial scan.

Score another one for Spybot 1.6, although it's too bad that it couldn't simply carry over from the previous Win10 build as on every other installation of a new build.

So now we get to the uninstallation thing they had announced...

After many weeks of having been sent in circles, we finally got the necessary documents last week and are analyzing what it takes to avoid this. Seems it probably is just a minor update that tells Windows that the version has not expired (if it hasn't).

So even though things processed very slowly on MS' side, 1.6 and 2.4 seems to run fine in our tests, and we work hard to get the update ready before the official launch
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

In the last two weeks, Microsoft finally communicated a lot of things about this uninstallation, but telling is the hardblock couldn't be removed the last 30 days before the release when they tell us the reason two days before the release was an impossible mission, so we went another way to make sure you won't loose Spybot during the upgrade.

Part of this is an icon on the desktop that will help you re-install Spybot, but this is just a backup - if everything works fine and as tested nearly a hundred times over the last days, Windows will re-install Spybot itself after the upgrade, including your license if it's an +AV edition.
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Default Upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 and reinstalled SBS&D but won't complete sys scan

I took advantage of the free upgrade from Win7 Pro to Win10. I reinstalled Spybot free edition. When I try to do a system scan it runs normally until it gets to Zlob.ZipCodec downloaded files... where it hangs up and won't complete the scan. I have updated Spybot to most current version. Any suggestions? I love my spybot and recommend it often. Hate to lose it!

You could give this a try, it's posted in the knowledgebase.
    https://www.safer-networking.org/faq...zlob-zipcodec/

Quote Originally Posted by M3gaW0lf View Post
    Just got an offer in my Systray for a free copy of Windows 10 when it comes out. While checking all of the info available in the various drop-down menu's there, I got this screenshot and I was wondering what was up with that. Haven't seen it mentioned here in a quick scan of the forums. Not really interested in a "free" copy of Windows 10 if I have to give up using SpyBot - and makes me seriously wonder WHY it wouldn't work with the new version of Windows (I don't trust M$ a lot to start with). Pete (formerly spy1)
    Since an update of my computer with OS windows 10, I don't see any change when updating Spybot signatures.
    I was 140.000 signatures and I am still 140.000 signatures today....
    I suggest The programers to check this problem quickly otherwise this program will be not working at all

Default SBS&D and W10 : SDHook64.dll problem

Last night I run SBS&D and this morning my desktop shows "Windows 10 is not active...". Of course I went in the system parameters, launch W10 activation, but founded that activation was impossible ; so I ran the fixing utility provided by W10 : it stopped after a while with the following message (it was in French, so I don't send the picture, but translate it) : "C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2\SDHook64.dll has not been designed for Windows, or contains an error. Re-install the application with original installation support, or contact your system administrator, or your the software supplier to get support. State of error : 0xc000428". TIA for any advice

Hello Patate18,

There is a topic regarding SDHook64.dll but unfortunately the OP did not post back.

Which version of Spybot 2x do you have installed?

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Hello Tashi,
    Sorry for the delay.
    S-S&D+AV version 2.6.46.0 / Start Center 2.6.46.130

Hello Patate18,

If you are still experiencing the same issue could you open a support ticket please.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016