Thread: IE11 slow to react on url's

Default IE11 slow to react on url's

Since a few months... maybe when i installed sb 2.4 my IE 2.4 has been slowish to react to url's, only helps to either wait OR hit f5.
    I know this is cause of the imunizations but why it happens like this is confusing me, it did not before, same imunizations, same IE big change in website browsing speed.
    Note no viruses or malware present.
    If i remove the imunizations on IE this "lag" is gone completely.

Just to doubecheck,could you open Spybot start center,checkmark Advanced User Mode,click Settings,click Yes to the prompt from UAC,then click the Internet Protection tab.Is there a checkmark beside Use Spybot Proxy?

No there is not.

Okay,thanks.
    When Spybot applies immunization to Internet Explorer,what it does is add entries to your registry.What that does is various,like adding unwanted sites to the restricted zone,and also blocks unwanted cookies,etc.If you decided to remove immunization from Internet Explorer,then that protection would be gone.However,if you leave the hosts file immunized,that adds some protection,by making most unwanted sites unreachable.
    So,you could either keep the Internet Explorer immunization,and put up with the lag on url's with IE.Or,you could choose to remove just internet explorer immunization,and keep the hosts file immunization.Not an ideal situation,I know,which is why I was hoping maybe the proxy was enabled.

Since the slowness disappears when you remove immunization,it seems like that is what is causing it.I don't experience that myself,and I'm unsure why you're getting slowness with the same immunization and same browser you had before you went to 2.4.Which means there might be some reason I am missing,or some aspect of immunization I'm unaware of.I know years and years ago there was slowness with Internet Explorer 8 and Spybot immunization,long since fixed,so not applicable here,but makes me say "Well,Zen,maybe it's something you don't know about." Closely followed by "Now stop talking to yourself,and never ever refer to yourself in the third person again."
    So that gives a third option.You could contact Spybot support about it,and see if they have a solution.There are support forms here.
    https://www.safer-networking.org/support/

Forgot to add that this does not happen all the time and usualy hitting f5 speeds up the process