Thread: Ignore Folder

Default Ignore Folder

Hi,- is this normal that i have a ignore Folder with Empty Files and they are not removed after the de-installation of spybot SDK?

Within that Folder there are 3 Files
    1. Filesets.sbe
    2. Products.sbe
    3. Results.sbe

Is that located at C:\ProgramData\Spybot - Search & Destroy or somewhere similar?
    The files contained in that folder are listed as part of the ignore list.Within Spybot,it's possible to ignore certain products,etc,that somebody would like Spybot to ignore.So the purpose of those files should be for that.They'd still be present even if nothing was ignored,I believe,so that when/if somebody decided to Ignore a product,etc.,they could do so,so that would explain them being there even if they're empty.

It's been awhile since I uninstalled Spybot,so I can't remember if the Ignore folder is normally removed after an uninstall or not.I do know the Quarantine folder(or it may have been called Recovery,if you had Spybot 1.6.2) is left at C:\ProgramData\Spybot - Search & Destroy after uninstalling,in case somebody were to uninstall,and then found out they need something in there.So,it is possible that the whole C:\ProgramData\Spybot - Search & Destroy folder is left on the computer.Wish I could remember.

If you've uninstalled Spybot and aren't planning to reinstall,it should be safe for you to delete the C:\ProgramData\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Ignore folder,as anything you told Spybot to ignore previously would no longer be needed.