Thread: issues after spybot upgrade

Default issues after spybot upgrade

hello:

i purchased three licenses of spybot home today for computers at my house. i have been running the free product for quite a long time and have been very happy, but thought it would be nice to automate my weekly malware scans. unfortunately there appears to be more of a learning curve with the extended product than i expected and i am having issues performing simple tasks on these boxes.

i have found that adobe acrobat will no longer open .pdf files, and am concerned that other functionality may not work now that i have upgraded.

* is there a way to simplify spybot so it only handles spyware checks, as it did with the free version? once i am more comfortable with how to use the new features i can add them in, but i really cant be working through issues introduced.

* is there a users guide (in .pdf?) that i might be able to get to understand all of the functions and setup methods for the tool? i haven't been able to find a comprehensive list like this yet.

* in the worst case, might i be able to remove the licenses and revert back to the free version in the meantime?

thanks in advance,
    j

btw- win7/64, patched to current running spybot v2.4