Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Does SpyBot S&D affect W10's Windows Defender?

Windows Defender will not work with Spybot, or any other antivirus program I have tested so far, on Windows 10.

It seems that WD is only available on Windows 10 as backup security if no other security is installed.

From Microsoft:
    When you install some 3rd party antivirus (AV) programs, they may automatically turn off Windows Defender. In this case you will not be able to turn on Windows Defender again until the 3rd party AV program has been completely uninstalled.
    found here:
    http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html
    Last edited by niall2; 2015-08-06 at 17:04.

Quote Originally Posted by niall2 View Post
    Windows Defender will not work with Spybot, or any other antivirus program I have tested so far, on Windows 10.
    Windows Defender and Spybot v2.4 were working together for me on Windows 10 build 10162 (and earlier builds) up until about the time that the installer for Spybot v2.5 was placed on the desktop.

I've just successfully installed Malwarebytes Free (so very similar to Spybot Free) on Windows 10 and Windows Defender is still working.

Spybot Free is not an anti-virus. It should work with Windows Defender/MSE, just like it has on previous versions of Windows.