Thread: Coupoon software

Default Coupoon software

Hello

Isn't the software/program named Coupoon a bona fide malware?
    I kept seeing fines named updatecheck.exe and amazon music helper.exe(or similar) and wikiupdate.exe.
    My machine (Win Vista 32 vit home on core 2 duo Intel Dell Vostro 200) would come to its knees after a couple of hours of being up due to those programs.

I am using the free version of spybot and the file cleaner passes all the files under c:\program files\coupoon as clean. See the attached image.
    I wonder if I am mistaken in believing that coupoon is malware as I did not knowingly install it or is it a candidate for addition to spybot's list of valid malware list.

BTW, if I add very large dir tree (12K files) to be scanned, it freezes and does not recover after 4-5 hours. Had to kill the process.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ak08820; 2015-07-11 at 20:30.

Only Avira anti-virus identified updatecheck.exe as a Trojan horse program
    Mcafee and Kaspersky got fooled.

Hi, if you could send us the files or even the installer (https://www.safer-networking.org/con...spicious-file/), we will add this to our detection. Thank you.
    (m/f)

A bit late for that!
    Yesterday, Avira or malawarebytes finally identified it as a virus and removed it.
    And, since it was installed maliciously, I did not see any installer or uninstaller.

All right, thank you.
    (m/f)