Thread: Spybot & Trend

Default Spybot & Trend

Hello,
    I am a home user and have used the free version of Spybot S&D since... well a long time! I also have Trend Micro as the two programs seem to use different methods to wrangle the wild 'Net nasties and keep them corralled. If that is not a correct assumption, by all means correct me.
    To the point! I am considering purchasing a license or two for the home version, but would like to better understand how the full version of Spybot S&D will work with Trend Micro Internet Security and vice versa. I have been reading that having more than one antivirus/anti-malware type program can conflict causing neither to function properly or part of one or both program to not function properly leaving one vulnerable.
    Last edited by tashi; 2015-07-17 at 21:10. Reason: Moved from the Tavern

Hello Questors,

Rule of thumb is one firewall and one anti virus program resident to avoid conflicts, loss of program efficiency and system lock up due to both software products attempting to access the same file at the same time.

Having more than one resident can cause performance problems and a serious system slowdown.

More is not always better. Usually one can have several anti spyware type programs installed without issue, although one may decide to choose one resident real time protection.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

That is easy enough to understand. Thank you for the information.