Thread: Unable to perform a full system scan

Default Unable to perform a full system scan

Hello,

I've just installed Spybot and I'm trying to perform a system scan. For some reason this doesn't work, Spybot seems to think I'm a technician that has pre-installed Spybot. That's not the case, I'm the end user.

The error message I get says I have to launch it through the start center, but even when I do so it still doesn't work. I keep getting the same error message. Weird, isn't it? You get an error telling you to do what you just did.

How do I solve this? How do I tell Spybot that I'm not a pre-installing technician?

Thanks in advance!

Nevermind, I've already solved it. I had to start the start center as administrator, then it worked. When running it as a regular user it had insufficient rights or something like that I think.

Hello PatrickZ,

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickZ View Post
    Nevermind, I've already solved it. I had to start the start center as administrator, then it worked. When running it as a regular user it had insufficient rights or something like that I think.

How can I get administrator rights under Windows Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8?

Thanks for letting us know you found the solution.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016