Thread: umbrella245.exe

Default umbrella245.exe

You program identifies this .exe as clean, but it is not. It is part of a browser hijacker that has been plaguing me for a month now and keeps redirecting my default seach engine to a different webpage named Iminent.com. It showed up in my installed programs and even after uninstalling the program and going to the Iminent folder and deleting the entire folder and going to the registry and deleting all the registry entries, it still persisted in redirecting my browser.

After installing Spybot I found this unbrella.exe running in the startup tools section and saw that is was from the same company, Iminent and knew it was part of the problem. Here are the log results...

Spybot - Search & Destroy
    File Scanner 2.4.40.135
    Log created at 8/1/2015 12:23:59 AM
    Results Copyright (c) 2009-2015 Safer-Networking Ltd.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Umbrella\Umbrella245.exe
    clean

Please update your program to list this as a malicious program.

Thanks

Oh and by the way, why does Spybot not work for Chrome?
    Last edited by Lucifer66; 2015-08-01 at 09:27.

Hello Lucifer66,

Would you like someone to take a look at the system?

If so please start a topic in the Malware Removal Forum

First see that forum's FAQ which also includes instructions in post #2 on how to provide the logs from Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and aswMBR, which are the logs used in the preliminary analysis.

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288

Best regards.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifer66 View Post
    It is part of a browser hijacker that has been plaguing me for a month now and keeps redirecting my default seach engine to a different webpage named Iminent.com. It showed up in my installed programs and even after uninstalling the program and going to the Iminent folder and deleting the entire folder and going to the registry and deleting all the registry entries, it still persisted in redirecting my browser.

After installing Spybot I found this unbrella.exe running in the startup tools section and
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016