Thread: Windows Defender disabled with Spybot - FIX

Default Windows Defender disabled with Spybot - FIX

Windows Defender disables itself due to a common idea that multiple solutions fight each other and thus reduce the overall effectiveness of each application. This functionality is essential for normal users, however, power users like those that would actually download and install purpose built solutions like Spybot already know this and choose to do this anyway.

The problem with Spybot is that it may or may not be an anti-virus solution and Windows 10 doesn't care due to one single piece of functionality in Spybot:

Security Center Service Integration.
    That's right, turning that on will disable Windows Defender from protecting your computer from virii even when you use the non-anti-virus version of Spybot.

So for those of you who are dismayed by Windows Defender not working after installing Spybot, just turn off Security Center Service Integration in Spybot and you'll get your Windows Defender back safely (and without errors).

Spybot.gif

Dude, thank you. I've been scouring the internet for the past couple of days to try and figure this out!

Default Windows Defender disabled with Spybot - FIX

Damn! Thanks a LOT!

I, too, have been trying to figure out if I could get Windows Defender out of 'SNOOZE' state without having to actually uninstall software.

This very simple fix on Spybot immediately made Windows 10 give me a pop-up about needing to adjust my protection, and there was Defender all ready to be activated.

it's working for me too.
    No idea why MS did this with Windows 10.

thanks,

Neutron

Angry Windows Defender disabled by spybot under WIN OS v.10

I removed both spybot & Malwarebytes. Shut down. Rebooted.

Installed Malwarebytes fresh. Updated. Able to open Windows Defender then (Couldn't B4 'cause it was disabled). Updated perfectly.

Installed spybot fresh. IMMEDIATELY rec'd WIN OS v.10 notice the viral protection (I.E., Windows Defender was off!!). Updated signatures (Installed 122 updates). Updated signatures again (Installed another 8 updates. "The antispyware signatures are up to date."). Went to spybot Start Center>Settings>System Services>Security Center Service>Click "Active after every reboot" to blank AND Scroll to Stop">Apply>OK.

Opened Windows Defender w/out a glitch. Updated definitions w/out a glitch.

Went searching for answer on spybot possibly disabling Defender 'cause I was aware of "conflict" among "security" software / programs. Obviously found it herein. Txs. to all.

Terrific! This didn't happen w/ WIN OS v.8.1. So why can't Gates, et.al. get their "act" 2gether?? What stupid greed!

Default Make spybot's security center integration service manual start or disable it

In W10, make spybot's sec. center integration service manual start or disable, that's sufficient, you can activate it later after installing AVG-ESET-AVAST-Norton-Sophos, or whatever.