Thread: Help, please!?

Default Help, please!?

I keep getting this on my computer and I don't know how to get rid of it. I've installed spybot and then decided to uninstall it and once I do it comes back. It's getting pretty annoying. Could someone please help me? I also don't like when spybot it installed it disables Windows Defender so thats why I decided to uninstall it. Click the image below.

unnamed.jpg

Hello onegreatcity,

That's a normal Windows message and you can stop receiving it by adjusting your permissions. :-)

Also, a topic just before your one: Windows Defender disabled with Spybot - FIX

Hope that helps.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Default Can't Uninstall (I really want to RE-INSTALL)

I downloaded Spybot in 2014 and it worked fine (although it would sometimes crash after running and before cleaning up errors found, it was mostly functional).

I now have Windows 10. When I search for Spybot (the program, or app), it doesn't find anything.

When I tried to install Spybot from CNet, the message said I already had Spybot and need to remove it myself.

I try to uninstall the program (it is, in fact, visible in Windows Settings) but it won't uninstall. I click the button - nothing happens (I've tested other program removals; they delete without a hitch).

I'd love to remove this clearly malfunctioning version and install a new one. I'm a huge fan of this product. But I'm pretty stuck here.

I hope I posted this in the correct forum. Thanks in advance.

- Jonathan

Default Help, please!

Found this link on the site: https://www.safer-networking.org/201...nd-windows-10/

This is not working for me. I still can't remove or reinstall (or just plain install). I can't even find the program, unless I try to remove it (at which time, I click uninstall and nothing happens).

Please help.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnychops View Post
    I downloaded Spybot in 2014 and it worked fine (although it would sometimes crash after running and before cleaning up errors found, it was mostly functional).

I now have Windows 10. When I search for Spybot (the program, or app), it doesn't find anything.

When I tried to install Spybot from CNet, the message said I already had Spybot and need to remove it myself.

I try to uninstall the program (it is, in fact, visible in Windows Settings) but it won't uninstall. I click the button - nothing happens (I've tested other program removals; they delete without a hitch).

I'd love to remove this clearly malfunctioning version and install a new one. I'm a huge fan of this product. But I'm pretty stuck here.

I hope I posted this in the correct forum. Thanks in advance.

- Jonathan

Please go to our uninstall tool page at:
    https://www.safer-networking.org/sup...ninstall-tool/

Here, download all 3 files; "unins000.exe", "unins000.msg" and "unins000.dat".

These will download to your Downloads folder or other default location.

Copy these files to your Spybot program folder at:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2

or for 32-bit PCs:
    C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2

Once these have been copied, run "unins000.exe" (the one in your Spybot program folder) as an administrator to remove any traces of Spybot from your PC.

You can then download Spybot 2.4 from the link below:
    http://spybot-mirror.com/files/spybot-2.4.exe

This can be upgraded to version 2.5 by running the file "Post Windows 10 Spybot-install", which will appear on your desktop after the installation of 2.4. The "Post Windows 10..." file can then be deleted.