Thread: Spybot SD 1.6.2 issues after applying the fix to all problems found?

Default Spybot SD 1.6.2 issues after applying the fix to all problems found?

I recently downloaded Spybot SD 1.6.2 from http://www.hiren.info/articles/recovery/remove-spyware-using-spybot-search-destroy I updated to the current version, then I ran the scan to find problems with my Windows Vista Home Premium System, during the scan I received several error messages saying Spybot SD the program detected Trojans etc and was asking me to click ok to continue, I had to keep doing this several times to continue the scan until it completed. When the scan completed It detected 29 problems most were labeled Win32 Registry but there were others that were not Win32 is what I remember seeing. I then applied the fix and 28 were successfully fixed except one then it ask me to restart my system to finish the process. After restarting I logged into my desktop with my password and now all I see is a blank, black screen , my desktop is not showing at all what did I do wrong? How do I recover Windows to the way I had it before the scan and fix? I did not wipe out my windows operating someone please help me out I would like to get some knowledge of a fix or way to recover my system before I pop in my Windows Factory Recovery Disks.
    Last edited by tashi; 2015-08-10 at 05:08. Reason: Disabled link

Hello Bot15,

The site you linked to is not Safer Networking and the screen shot provided shows a legacy version: 1.4.
    Posted on October 12, 2005.

It's good practice to download from mirrors at a software developer's site.

Home page: https://www.safer-networking.org/

As it is I don't know what you downloaded.

Quote Originally Posted by Bot15 View Post
    I updated to the current version,
    Our latest version is 2.4 with 2.5 on it's way. Spybot 2.5 Compatibility

Still available: Spybot – Search & Destroy® 1.6.2 (free for private use)
    https://www.safer-networking.org/dl/

I can direct you to a tech site if you'd like assistance with the system.

Please let me know.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Thanks for the info and advice,the issue has been resolved by me doing System Recovery to an earlier date now my system is working just like it was before installing the program,this was my first time installing Spybot and thought the link I provided was accurate,but appears to be more malicious,and does harm your system then it detects and fixes your system,I will try the correct and up to date link you provide and see what it detects. I'm used to using Malewarebytes which is always reliable,accurate and known. Got to be cautious when downloading programs like these most are copy cats and will leave malware,adware,trojans,and change your settings, your program Spybot SD does not do that does it?
    Last edited by Bot15; 2015-08-10 at 08:04.

Hello Bot15,

Glad to hear you recovered your desktop, how is the machine running, any issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Bot15 View Post
    Got to be cautious when downloading programs like these most are copy cats and will leave malware,adware,trojans,and change your settings, your program Spybot SD does not do that does it?
    No it doesn't, here's a look at a 2004 article about the program. Our software has been developed and safely downloaded by users for over a decade, it is not a rogue. ;-)

Kind regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Hmm? That's weird I downloaded the 2.4 free version and did the update but the scan system feature does not work not enabled any reason why? And I also downloaded 1.6.2 version from the links you gave me on your site and it shows as a file that can harm my system asking if I would like to keep it or discard it? After doing long researching on your products and your site I have come to conclusion that you guys are nothing but bullshitters,and scams. Your Products do more damage to peoples systems then it fixes,it does not fix any problems what so ever. You can simply resolve system issues spyware and maleware and viruses using the top reliable legit program Malewarebytes, no wonder my system crashed and my desktop was not shown anymore lol

That article is all talk and is fake,if you want to have a safe network and stay anonymous and clear of all these BS Problems it's simple DO NOT RUN OFF OF WINDOWS,USE LINUX!!