Thread: Can't find scan results after Windows 10 auto logout

Default Can't find scan results after Windows 10 auto logout

Hello. I just re-installed SpyBot on my PC, which recently underwent the upgrade from Windows 8 to Windows 10. I started a scan last night before I went to bed. When I got up this morning, I was logged out of the machine, presumably because the machine had been idle after the scan finished. When I logged in and tried to search SpyBot logs to see how the scan went (and particularly to learn whether any detected problems were fixed), I couldn't find any info other than that the scan ended at 3:00 this morning. Without being able to see a list of corrective actions taken, I'm assuming that no problems were corrected, which means I'm running another scan. Is there any place in SpyBot I haven't found yet which lists actions taken in the last scan, or where I can view a list of problems detected and decide whether to correct them? Thanks for your help.

Please go to the Spybot program folder:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2

and run the file SDCleaner(.exe) as an administrator using the instructions above. This will open the results of your last scan so you do not have to run a scan again to find the same threats.

You can then remove the malware by clicking "fix selected". Sometimes the scanner will say "not responding" at this point for a few minutes but will begin responding again as normal when all the issues are fixed.

And by the way, this was included in discussions about the next major version of Spybot and our current new design plans include a much easier way to review "older" scan results for exactly such reasons as you gave
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)