Thread: Old spybot user

Default Old spybot user

Does team spybot exist anymore I have a report to post or should I use the new tools and post proceduers. I see there have been a lot of changes.
    Spybot S&D 2.4.40.130 Windows Vista
    Last edited by dannyboy950; 2015-08-18 at 01:10. Reason: more data

Hello dannyboy950,

Which report do you want to post?

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Default Rootkit scan

As for myself I have not been here in a long time. I ran a rootkit scan the other day but not shure where to post it anymore. Lots of changes around here.
    I have tried over 20 different programs to find my problem if there is one. I am beginning to think it is an outright hack and maybe not any known malware.

Your regular scans come up clean but the rootkit scan shows a lot of unknown files that I do not recognise.
    Simply trying to find some help before I am forced to reformat and reinstall.
    I am homebound and disabled, my computer is my only link with the outside world. On a fixed income I just have no spare money to spend anymore.
    I have spnet close to $2000.00 in the last 2 years just trying to get a working computer I can count on.

Thanks for reading.

By the way this page only partly renders for me the upper boxes have nothing in them. Just so you know.

Hello dannyboy950,

Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy950 View Post
    I have tried over 20 different programs to find my problem if there is one. I am beginning to think it is an outright hack and maybe not any known malware.
    Could you describe the symptoms please.

Simply trying to find some help before I am forced to reformat and reinstall.
    I am homebound and disabled, my computer is my only link with the outside world. On a fixed income I just have no spare money to spend anymore.
    I have spnet close to $2000.00 in the last 2 years just trying to get a working computer I can count on.
    Sorry to hear that, what kind of computer problems have you sought help with over the past two years?

Your regular scans come up clean but the rootkit scan shows a lot of unknown files that I do not recognise.
    The RootAlyzer is an analyst tool, and generally files flagged by the RootAlyzer are not necessarily malicious but rather shows items which it believes to be out of the ordinary and may give a hint for an infection. Even legitimate software may use rootkit technologies.

Let's leave that aside for now until we know more about the issues you've been experiencing with your Vista computer.

Edit
    By the way this page only partly renders for me the upper boxes have nothing in them. Just so you know.
    Which browser are you using, and the version please.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016